Let’s look at the facts:
At the risk of beating a dead horse, we wanted to provide further information for your consideration regarding the forged letter presented on the blog Pure Lineage.
For review, here is the letter presented to us by the “friends of padma.”
You may see the original post by clicking here.
As mentioned before, please note the following:
- This letter is on “Charity Foundation Letterhead” which is incongruent for this type of correspondence, except for the fact that William L. Cassidy stole documents from KPC on that letterhead. Interestingly enough, the very same blog, Pure Lineage, actually makes reference to these stolen documents, verifying they possess the letterhead.
- There are no signatures handwritten or otherwise.
- It is typewritten in English and His Holiness did not speak fluent English.
- There is no explanation as to how this letter came to be in the possession of @crystalsally AKA William L. Cassidy rather than being delivered to the purported intended recipient.
The following were submitted to us by Kunzang Palyul Choling, as examples of official letters received from His Holiness Penor Rinpoche himself.
The first is an official letter of Jetsunma Ahkon Lhamo’s recognition:
Note it is handwritten, in Tibetan with stamped seal. The watermarks are in place over the letterhead and seal at KPC’s request to prevent providing William Cassidy the basis for a future forgery.
Here is another example. This is of Jetsunma Ahkon Lhamo’s Long Life Prayer as written by His Holiness Penor Rinpoche for her:
The question arises; if William Cassidy AKA @crystalsally truly had evidence of wrong doing on the part of Jetsunma Ahkon Lhamo, or truly had proof that she was rejected by her own teachers, why would they need to forge such a letter? More than this, do they really believe their audience is so gullible as to believe such a forgery would be real-and would be in their possession?
As a final reassurance to readers that this is truly fraudulent (note this is evidence of William L. Cassidy’s CONTINUED fraudulent behavior) we leave you once again with the parting comments of His Holiness Karma Kuchin Rinpoche from his recent visit to KPC Maryland:
Back in the barn…
- The letter is written on stationery belonging to a charitable foundation, not the stationery of His Holiness’s monastery or retreat center.
- There is no date on the letter.
- The letter is not signed.
- The letter is not written in Holiness’ style of writing.
- The style of the writing does sound familiar, however… (hmmm).
- Had Holiness Penor Rinpoche truly written this letter – would he actually have continued to visit KPC? Encourage his Heart Sons and Khenpos to do so as well?
- Official letters from Palyul Teachers look more like this. Oh, and lookie there! Real Tulkus are recognized by High Lamas, traditionally authorized to do so, and recognition becomes complete with a ceremony done for that purpose (something the PL blogger has no clue about).
Who ARE you talking to? Online this isn’t so clear, and when it comes to Spiritual Teachers, things can get tricky quite quickly.
On February 21st we published a post indicating that H.E. the 9th Ogyen Tulku of the Palyul Lineage had elected to allow William L. Cassidy, convicted felon and known con-man to operate both his twitter account and his blog.
As some may find this difficult to believe, we are presenting some visual food for thought: A a series of screenshots of recent posts to Tulku Ogyen’s blog and to Digital Tibetan Buddhist Altar, William Cassidy’s blog he operates under the fraudulent title “Tulku Urgyen Tenpa Rinpoche.”
In case that is not enough evidence, here is a screenshot taken from a feedreader that identifies the person making the post:
screenshot of the post from TOs blog from a feedreader that shows it was posted by “Tenpa”
Here is another set of duplicate posts for both blogs:
You can verify this yourselves by following these links: