The Tree and the Fruit
Once again Cassidy has attempted to discredit that which is legitimate with his clever verbiage and distorted references.
He claims to have received notes from former students, but in fact quotes from reviews of the book Buddha From Brooklyn on amazon.com. Clearly his “inside” information is not too intimate.
Next, he quotes a blog maintained by a former student. That blog, KPC Cult Watch, has since been updated by the author. You can go there and see how she feels at this time. Here is a link to a cached page where you can see the material he drew from, and her ultimate change of heart.
More important than the claims of disgruntled students is to truly examine the display which the qualities of these beings has brought into the world.
From the perspective of examining a teacher, words are less significant than signs of accomplishment.
If you visit the website maintained by Jetsunma’s current students you will see that she has brought many things into the world, which are maintained by a large community of students for the benefit of many.
Some examples include:
- a 24 Hour Prayer Vigil that has gone on continuously for over 2o years. You will see they will offer prayers for anyone requesting them, it is not restricted to community members.
- She has started two animal rescue programs which are maintained to this day, dedicated to saving lives.
- She has started a temple and peace park in Maryland, where visitors are welcome to find peace and refuge regardless of their religious affiliation.
- She has built over 25 Stupas which are openly available to visitors, offering thousands of visitors every year the opportunity to generate tremendous merit just from seeing them.
- Her temple maintains one of the largest communities of ordained sangha in the West.
- Jetsunma Ahkon Lhamo was recognized and enthroned in an authentic Lineage of Vajrayana Buddhism.
- Kunzang Palyul Choling has received a flow of many Lineage Masters throughout the years, and has served as a place of refuge for Buddhists and non-Buddhists alike.
If you explore Cassidy’s history on this site you will see his accomplishments are somewhat different. He has a criminal record, has tried to pass himself off as a Tulku for personal gain, and has left behind him a list of books directed towards violent action.
When you explore his site, Digital Tibetan Buddhist Altar you will find he offers his personal opinion on many aspects of Buddhism and Tibetan Culture, he even tries to offer “teachings” for which he has no authority to offer. What you will not find, however, is any evidence of a sangha that follows him. No accomplishments for the benefit of others, no offerings to the community he is a part of, nothing more than his fabricated claims to recognition and an ordinary, and distorted view of the teachings.
Please do not be fooled by the clever words he weaves, and look at his accomplishments. You can tell the nature of the tree by it’s fruit.